Monday, September 24, 2012

Craigslist 2012


Like eBay, Craigslist can be a great way to buy and sell items you no longer need or have long thought you would never find again, especially at a cheap price in today's economy. The only thing I ever sold on Craigslist was my massage table, used at one time to do Reiki. It sold the day I posted it, at a very fair price, pretty much covering the first 8 tips posted in the article below. I agree with tips 9 & 10 so be careful.


Craigslist Tips: 10 Helpful Tips on How to Sell Your Stuff   BlogHer

I have a longstanding, love/hate relationship with Craigslist. Mostly love though. I've made quite a bit of money from selling things off of it but have also had to deal with flaky buyers and dishonest people. Overall though, I've learned to navigate the choppy waters of selling things on Craigslist and have learned quite a bit in the process. I'm going to share with you my top ten things I've learned (the hard way) when it comes to selling your stuff. Hopefully this can put you one step ahead of the typical buyer/seller so you can make some quick money!

1. Price it right

2. Good title and description

3. Allow for texting

4. Check spelling and grammar in your descriptions and interactions

5.Good pictures

6. Include dimensions

7. If possible, suggest a public meeting place

8. Establish your price before the exchange

9. Watch out for scams!

10. Don't trust people to follow through

Click the link above to read full text on each of these 10 points.