Sunday, February 10, 2013

Ellie's birthday week
filled with music


2/10 - New Moon 21° Aquarius - the conductor with the harmonic rods of creation




It all begins Sunday night with the 55th Grammy Awards - which is always worth watching if you like music and fun costumes, though this year female performers can't wear anything overly revealing ... like we never saw boobs before and this is the Grammy's!




Kung Hei Fat Choy

As I live on the top floor above Lai Yuen restaurant, every Chinese New Year, I hear the sounds of performers outside playing for customers and people passing by. It usually starts around 7pm and lasts for 30 minutes. This is the Year of the Snake. I will try to take a picture. While looking for a photo of the restaurant, I found this on Google Maps. Note that my apartment has golden light! :)




Next we have Mardi Gras - a crazy time of wild partying, lots of music, and in New Orleans there's already been shootings on Bourbon Street.




Thursday 2/14 is Valentine's Day a time for music and romance. Is there romance in your heart this year?




Last but not least, I leave for Nashville on Friday as my birthday weekend is always a 3-day holiday celebration - President's Birthday - me, George (Washington), Abe (Lincoln), and this year my friend Brenda (2/15) - back on Monday. Pack up girls we're going to party for my 70th.