Sunday, April 6, 2014

Country Music Awards


Academy of Country Music Awards   Wikipedia

Academy of Country Music Awards Website


April 6, 1937

Merle Haggard

  Merle Haggard Google Videos

Merle Haggard is an award winning American country music
singer, guitarist, instrumentalist, and songwriter. Discography


It's a wonderful thing to live as long as I have and be able to appreciate nature.

Merle Haggard Quotes 1

Merle Haggard Quotes 2

Merle Haggard Quotes 3




Psychedelic Journeys


Some people are programmed to enhance their spiritual experience with psychedelics or hallucinogens - a practice that goes all the way back to early humans. For them it is the trip that takes you beyond physical reality and into the grids to find God or whatever - or so I'm told having never taken a drug in my life. When you look in the eyes of someone who has taken this path, there is an emptiness, like mental illness, a lost soul, and you are grateful if it is not part of your programming.

When I think about psychedelics - two people come to mind - Timothy Leary who I interviewed on my TV talk show "The Metaphysical Experience" and his personal and professional associate - Ram Dass who celebrates his 83rd birthday today. Born Richard Alpert, he is Jewish, from Mass. a former professor, bisexual later discovering he has a son after a brief affair long ago, found his truth with a guru, and other things you might find of interest about his spiritual journey.

At 60, he began exploring Judaism seriously for the first time. "My belief is that I wasn't born into Judaism by accident, and so I needed to find ways to honor that. From a Hindu perspective, you are born as what you need to deal with, and if you just try and push it away, whatever it is, it's got you." In February 1997, Ram Dass had a stroke. He no longer travels, but continues to teach through live webcasts and at retreats in Hawaii. When asked if he could sum up his life's message, he replied, "I help people as a way to work on myself, and I work on myself to help people ... to me, that's what the emerging game is all about." In 2013, Ram Dass released a memoir and summary of his teaching, Polishing the Mirror: How to Live from Your Spiritual Heart.


Quotes

The most exquisite paradoxes are:

As soon as you give it all up, you can have it all.
As long as you want power, you can't have it.
The minute you don't want it,
you'll have more than you ever dreamed possible.


Ram Dass Quotes 1

Ram Dass Quotes 2