Thursday, August 4, 2011

What is Gen Con?



Gen Con   Google Images

  Gen Con   Google Videos


Two weeks ago we had Comic Con in San Diego. Starting today - for those interested - we find Gen Con. Humans like to play games. It stimulates the imagination allows one to play out emotions, and in general is just plain fun.

6 Things I¹m Looking Forward To At Gen Con   Wired - August 4, 2011

I¹m headed to Gen Con, the granddaddy of all gaming conventions. The big d20 throw down runs Thursday-Sunday, August 4-7 in Indianapolis, Indiana. And I¹m pretty excited to go (it'll be my second time). Here are some of the highlights I¹m looking forward to seeing and experiencing:

Gen Con   Wikipedia

Gen Con is one of the largest and most prominent annual gaming conventions in North America. It features traditional pen-and-paper, board, and card-style games, including role-playing games, miniatures wargames, board games, live action role-playing games, collectible card games, non-collectible card games, and strategy games. Gen Con also features computer games. Attendees engage in a variety of tournament and interactive game sessions.







Mercury Retrograde

I knew this would be a bad retrograde and it seems I was right as everyone is reporting all sorts of communication glitches. One woman said she put on her head set at work and it literally split in two. Another reported her computer just shut down over and over again ... and the stories are endless.

My modem connection to Time Warner cable went out yesterday. I tried to reboot it myself ... but nothing. So I called Time Warner and discovered the signal had unexpectedly cut off without explanation. The cable guy fixed it from his end.

Next ... Facebook has a really cool program called Banner Profile that creates then uploads a banner across the top of your wall. Yesterday I took a photo of the Brooklyn Bridge, uploaded it to the program and created this image which replaced the 5 images I used to have there:


Retrograde ... I saw the banner posted immediately as did some people - while others still saw the 5 images of me that used to be on my wall If you are on Facebook, please let me know what you see.

Retrograde and Time ... scheduling is also a problem as people change appointments and time itself seems to be more elusive than ever.

I hope Mercury Retrograde is not driving you crazy ... as I 'hear' the voices of people reading this telling me about their retrograde adventures. Something is telling me to blog ... If you are traveling, watch your luggage and make sure it is clearly labeled.

To put a fun twist on it ... ask that the glitches bring humorous or positive results. Ask who? Whoever you talk to that guides your destiny. I did that and this is what happened ... A long lost cousin living in Florida came to mind. I didn't even have her phone number. Found her on google. Called. She just happens to be in the city today. Reunion ... The best plans in retrograde happen at the last minute and hopefully don't change.

Work it!







August 4, 1961


Barack Obama

Barack Hussein Obama is the 44th and current President of the

United States and the first African American to hold the office.

Life gets better at 50   AP - August 4, 2011





We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.


Barack Obama 1

Barack Obama 2

Barack Obama 3