Thursday, January 17, 2013

January 17 - 27, 2013

Sundance Film Festival 2013

The Sundance Film Festival is the largest
independent cinema festival in the U.S.


Creation ... the Film Festival


We write what we know based on our programming. People who read books often become fiction writers. People who research write non-fiction. People with endless stories in their minds are storytellers and often write screenplays, blogs, articles, or the like.

I am a storyteller. My gift as a blogger is to read the grids every morning and create relatable posts each day. I never read books - no time to get into them - and they move too slowly for me. I am a visual learner who likes to read short articles (when I read them I am vicariously there), hardly ever read email (I'm done after the few two sentences), and more to the point, enjoy visual expression unless violent. To me there is a story/screenplay in everything. I can write a story about each of the thousands of images on Crystalinks and vicariously experience that story. Things just come alive for me and flows, much as reality this year as it becomes more lucid to many of us.

    FYI ... Upon speaking to a spirit named Michael this week, the friend of a client who died in 2012, he told/showed me something new. When I saw him, he looked the same as spirits always appear to me. He said that when he first looked at physical reality after crossing over, our images had integrity - good quality projected illusion. Now we appear as static - like poor reception on a screen - phasing in and out. Michael also mentioned that other spirits told him the same thing. Does this have anything to do with the fact that reality seems like a synthetic construct - an illusion within an illusion - since the end of 2012?

Every year, when the Sundance Film Festival happens in Utah, I think about the endless scripts that have played through my mind during my time in 3D. Would I like to become involved in the creation of an Indy film? Yes ... but as I have learned, the fun stuff always gets bogged down by the dramas ... funding, egos, and all sorts of script changes, much like our experiences here. So for now, I remain uninvolved unless asked again.

As to the 2013 Sundance Film Festival - good luck to all. As I live in NYC, where everyone goes to school to perform, write, produce, or direct - it's all about timing - like winning a lottery. If it's programmed to happen, it will ... and there are many other global film festivals out there. - the most famous the Cannes Film Festival which takes place in May each year.


Getting creative .. there are two breakage stories that I could easily see being made into films along the way.

ACT I ... A gas plant in Markala Algerian ... hostages escaping ... flashback
Some hostages reported to escape Sahara siege   Reuters - January 17, 2013

Some hostages were reported to have escaped from a remote Algerian gas plant on Thursday, where dozens of foreigners and scores of Algerians were seized by Islamist gunmen demanding a halt to a French military campaign in neighboring Mali.

-


ACT II ... A student dorm as several students are seen tweeting

Manti Te'o's girlfriend, who supposedly died in September, never existed according to Deadspin   Yahoo - January 17, 2013
The tale of Manti Te'o playing through a heavy heart over the passing of his girlfriend during the season has been turned upside down by a baffling, bombshell story from Deadspin. The story of Lennay Kekua's death after a battle with leukemia in September, just after Te'o's grandmother died, and how the Notre Dame linebacker played through the heartbreak just a few days later against Michigan State became one of the biggest college football stories of the season. It's one of the reasons Te'o, a Heisman Trophy finalist who led Notre Dame to an undefeated season, became a huge star over fall of 2012.