Monday, April 1, 2013

Smart TV

As much as I try to keep up with the latest technologies, it's generally my clients who pave the way. This weekend ... a local man in his 30's told me about something called a Smart TV explaining its benefits which sounded really cool.

After he left ... off I went to search Wiki. A Smart TV sometimes referred to as connected TV or hybrid TV, (not to be confused with IPTV, Internet TV, or with Web TV), describes a trend of integration of the Internet and Web 2.0 features into television sets and set-top boxes, as well as the technological convergence between computers and these television sets / set-top boxes. The devices have a higher focus on online interactive media, Internet TV, over-the-top content, as well as on-demand streaming media, and less focus on traditional broadcast media than traditional television sets and set-top boxes. Similar to how the Internet, Web widgets, and software applications are integrated in modern smartphones, the name "smart TV" is akin to "smart phone".

That wasn't helpful ... so I went to YouTube as I am a visual learner ...

Conclusion ... For now I'll stay with my Sony large screen TV's and observe new technologies when I visit my children or friends who keep up with these things. FYI ... I have many friends in all age groups who don't have a TV ... just get the news online ... or prefer not to follow the news at all.




21 "must sees" unique photos of Egypt and an amazing adventure March 21, 2013