Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Travel Plans

Last month my daughter Zsia offered me a timeshare to anywhere in the US - as a 70th birthday present - to be used any time thru July 2, 2013. My other daughters offered to pay my flight and car ... so the questions remained when and where to go. The best time to travel is always the Fall or Spring based on the weather. Next Spring begs the question, "Will the program still be running in 2013 as I can't see that far ahead?" I asked Z to guide the decision and so he did.

Monday (yesterday) I read a woman named Karen who was visiting the city from Laguna Beach, CA. Karen reads my blog everyday and we really connected. Hi Karen! Towards the end of the reading, I told her about having a timeshare ... and the thought came to us ... why not visit her area or nearby Newport Beach this fall.

Everything about this felt right so I emailed Zsia about timeshares in Newport Beach ... and there it was ... on the week I was guided to travel - November 30 - December 7. Within an hour the reservation was made at Marriott's Newport Coast Villas overlooking the water. It's also a hotel, but I'll be in the timeshare section (villa), highly recommend by Zsia's friends. It's a big two-bedroom apartment with lots of room for a class, to possibly do a few readings, and most of all to explore along the Pacific with Z.

It's been a while since I traveled as nothing has called to me having traveled so much throughout my life. In recent years I've taken a few short weekend family trips - but nothing else called. Going back to southern CA. now feels right The last time I was there was with Ralph after we got married. I also have the same stirrings I get when I know Z has set everything up with an agenda. Am I worried about an earthquake? No. I feel done here, so the rest is just an adventure that I plan to embrace with Z.

Also part of the adventure ... I've never flown with JetBlue. I've flown with just about every other airline - flown a plane with a co-pilot - but now I discovered JetBlue flies to Long Beach Airport which seems like the way to go. Just as my trip to San Francisco unfolded ... now too I wait and see what lies ahead. Feel free to email suggestions.