Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Cruising along in NYC



Tuesday, May 7, 2013

I woke up early today ... pulled up the shade on a bright sunny morning, then laid down again to relax and watch the ships as they slowly sail out to sea. It's a great way to start the day. Monday, I watched as Norwegian's new ship Breakaway sailed into NY Harbor. It will be christened tomorrow.


Held Hostage

6 a.m. ... It was too early to return to my next port of call - my computer - so I decided to watch one of the five shows I recorded Monday night. As I looked at the list on my cable box, I immediately chose Hawaii Five-0 - an episode called "To Take Captive". After missing for 10 years, 17-year-old Amanda Morris is found dead, shot in the back, in a shallow grave. The investigation of her body reveals a disturbing fact: traces of a 6-year-old girl who was recently reported kidnapped.

Once again, team Five-0 to the rescue as I wondered if our souls are being held captive in physical reality and when we would be set free. There is something about women being rescued that always touches my heart. It makes me wonder what I would do if captured, which is unlikely in this lifetime. Maybe it's an emotional through back to the WWII Nazi timeline when I was a male physicist trying to escape with secret documents about time travel. I was captured and later killed in an explosion, the documents hidden in a canister somewhere on the east coast of the US.

7 a.m. ... It was time to get out of bed and do some stretches as I watched the morning news before another busy day. As art imitates life ... and sometimes the other way around ... the first headline was ...

  Three US women missing for years rescued in Ohio   BBC - May 7, 2013
Three young women who vanished in separate incidents about a decade ago in the US state of Ohio have been found alive in a house in Cleveland.




May 9, 2013

New Moon Solar Eclipse 19° Taurus

Annular solar eclipse. Visible from Australia, New Zealand, and parts of South America.




Monday's Banner on Facebook



Experiencing the economy in the buff-et ... How exposed are we?

Warren Buffett: Stocks Will Go 'Far Higher' Over Time   CNBC - May 6, 2013
Even as stock indexes hit all-time highs, Warren Buffett predicts they'll go "far higher" in the long run.


Hackers Threaten to Take Banks, Government Offline Tuesday   MSNBC - May 6, 2013
Anonymous claims it will launch cyber attacks against banking and government websites on Tuesday. The group is calling the planned attacks OperationUSA or OpUSA and said in a message on pastebin.com that the they are in response to social and political injustices.