Sunday, February 23, 2014

Birthdays and Synchronicities

Saturday was a beautiful day in Brooklyn. I celebrated my birthday at a local restaurant with friends from upstate New York. So many laughs ... Along the way I noticed another woman having a birthday party at a nearby table. Curiosity would eventually get the better of me so I went over to wish her a happy birthday explaining that it was my birthday as well. Then she said, "Today is not my real birthday ... it was February 17 ... to which I laughed and expressed the same. And guess how old she was? You got it ... 71. She asked if I lived in Bay Ridge. I told her I came from Manhattan Beach, now living in Bay Ridge. She had spent most of her life in Bay Ridge and now lives in Manhattan. This is a good case of synchronistic grids in action.




2014 Winter Olympics - Closings

Sochi 2014 Website

The closing ceremonies are tonight.

  15 most memorable moments of the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi  
CNN - February 23, 2014

I watched the highlights in the news followed by interviews with gold medal winners. What I basically observed were a lot of young attractive athletes competing for the gold, but more than that, the fame and glory that follows. At some point it was almost like watching a staged reality show. All of the athletes have worked hard to reach this pinnacle of success for which they have been programmed.

From Arianna Huffington -- Tonight's closing ceremony marks the end of the 2014 Winter Olympics. From Bode Miller's tears to Kate Hansen's dance moves; from America's first Ice Dancing gold to Bob Costas's gold medal in freestyle pink eye; from Adelina Sotnikova's stunning win to Shaun White's even more stunning failure; from Olympic rings that failed to light to abandoned speed skating suits, the Sochi Games delivered a host of indelible memories and their fair share of controversial decisions. There was also controversy beyond the competition, including members of Pussy Riot being whipped by angry Cossacks and protests over Russia's anti-gay laws. Of course, from Jesse Owens foiling Hitler in 1936, to the Munich massacre in 1972, to dueling boycotts in 1980 and 1984, the Olympics have never been devoid of politics. Indeed, it's the collective attention they bring to both the best and worst of humanity that captures the public imagination.




3-D Printing

I spent time Friday watching YouTube Vidoes about 3D printing. Fascinating. Here's an example.




World Science U featuring Physicist Brian Greene.




"What is space?" Brian explains "the hologram" of our reality.