Monday, December 15, 2014

Monday

Visiting restaurants is part of the holiday season. There are over 24,000 restaurants in NYC and thousands more in the surrounding boroughs. I'm not sure if that figure, as stated on NBC news this morning, includes the many take-out places that bring nourishment to the fast pace of work and home life that most people here face. Personally, I only go to a restaurant on social occasions, preferring to cook my own food as I like it. This week will take me to three different restaurants, as I meet with three different friends as the holiday season begins. Today, I begin with Tom, the friend I blogged about last week.


The Sony hack attack continues as those who like the see truth unravel, pay attention and others worry about the consequences of their actions. I wonder how many people would like to see the Hollywood industry fall, along with its moguls and dysfunctional players?


Speaking of secrets coming to the fore, we go to Bill Cosby, as victims continue to come forward to help other woman who have been drugged and/or molested by him or others. Imagine the married father of 4 daughters doing that - and what if it happened to one of them? There's a huge problem with sexual assault, not just in the US, but across the world.


As I watch the news, all I see are suppressed souls who have little or no civil rights, nor hope for the future without taking drastic action. This is a growing movement in end times. The eternal fight for freedom and civil rights is not just a chapter in our lives this month, but it will definitely continue forward until the end. You can feel the momentum building.


Now is the time to finish 2014 projects and get into holiday headspace. It hasn't been an easy year, with death and destruction across the globe and people dealing with the issues of life. Several of my clients are faced with the loss of their jobs at the end of the year in an ever-changing economy, where humans are often downsized and the concept of career takes on new definition every year as workers burn out. All we can do as the month runs out is plan something special to enjoy in the moment.


Chanukah begins Tuesday at sundown ... as other holiday celebrations

ripple out against a backwash of protests around the nation and in many parts of the world.