Monday, December 12, 2016

Guadalupe

December 12, 2016

12/12 is the Feast Day of Our Lady of Guadalupe when an Apparition of Mother Mary appeared to Juan Diego near Mexico City on December 9, 1531. The Virgin told Juan Diego to gather flowers from the top of Tepeyac Hill, where he found Castilian roses, not native to Mexico, blooming in December on the normally barren hilltop. The Virgin arranged the flowers in his tilma or cloak. When Juan Diego opened his cloak before Bishop Zumarraga on December 12, the flowers fell to the floor. On the fabric was the image of the Virgin of Guadalupe.




Monday 12/12


George sent me a picture of his Christmas Tree

On this date 12 years ago, I was in Egypt where I spent 12:12am with friends on the Giza Plateau in the energies of a full moon - 12 hours later - 12:12pm in the King's Chamber. Time in Egypt is magical - at least it was before the chaos in recent years. Many roads lead back to that vortex.


The Critics Choice Awards ... I watched the beginning then changed channels leaving the show to record so I can watch the highlights today. Sorry but I don't watch sophomoric comedies so when host T.J. Miller opened the show - though his face was familiar from recent news when he was arrested last week - I wasn't sure who he was. It appears he has had brain surgery.


Let's get to the weather as storms and freezing temps cover much of the country. We got lucky here in Brooklyn - just rain that will end in a few hours. Yesterday I had an early holiday dinner with Nikki and her family as they'll be away for the holidays. Afterwards we stopped at my local supermarket where people were shopping like we were about to have a blizzard. I've never seen the store that busy. I have the luxury of shopping early in the day - no crowds. What seems to be missing for me - wherever I go - is holiday spirit. People are so detached. Maybe I'll feel it more when I go with my daughter Zsia and her family to see "Wicked" Saturday on Broadway.




Sunday at Campania Restaurant in Brooklyn





December 14, 2016

Full Moon 22° Gemini





December 13-14, 2016

Geminids

  Geminids Google Videos

The Geminids are a meteor shower caused by an object named
3200 Phaethon, which is thought to be a Palladian asteroid.

Gemini Observatory North   NASA - October 14, 2016