Monday, July 14, 2014

Happy Bastille Day

Do you feel a connection to this timeline? I always have.

I studied 7 years of French and have visited France.

Then there's the connection to the bloodline ...

July 14, 1789: Bastille Day

Arc de Triomphe

Bastille Day    Google News

On July 14, 1789, the people of France stormed the Bastille violently adding momentum to the French Revolution. The medieval fortress and prison had become a symbol of the King's authority, who stood by and watched as the French economy plummeted and taxes soared. The annual Bastille Day celebration honors this victory with one of Europe's largest military parades along the Champs-Elysees in Paris making the end of the Monarchy and the beginning of the First French Republic. History of France


Not far away ... the Germans are also celebrating a victory.


World Cup Final   BBC - July 13, 2014

Germany wins the World Cup    Google News




Auroras over Northern Canada   APOD - July 14, 2014

Gusting solar winds and blasts of charged particles from the Sun resulted in several rewarding nights last December for those anticipating auroras. The above image captured dramatic auroras stretching across a sky near the town of Yellowknife in northern Canada. The auroras were so bright that they not only inspired awe, but were easily visible on an image exposure of only 1.3 seconds. A video taken concurrently shows the dancing sky lights evolving in real time as tourists, many there just to see auroras, respond with cheers. The conical dwellings on the image right are teepees, while far in the background, near the image center, is the constellation of Orion.




Polar Blast in July

Whatever works ... It may not be 60° in NYC, but 80° is better than 90. Bring it!

From Polar Blast to Sizzling Northwest: 5 Unusual Features of the Mid-July Weather Pattern   Weather.com - July 13, 2014

  Monday: Severe Weather Forecast: Damaging Winds Possible in Parts of Midwest, East, South, and West   Weather.com - July 14, 2014




The Big Move ...

Can a City Girl Adapt to Country Life?

Many people entertain the thought of leaving city life and living in nature. Others are quite the opposite ... they leave urban life to live in the city ... especially New York City. Each has its attractions, benefits, and pitfalls. The country seems to inspire creativity and can act as a great healing tool. What's really cool is being able to afford to live in both the city and the country - or to be a city sweller with a beach house as the flow of the water draws everyone for healing and inspiration.

Today, I received an email from my friend Joanne who works in media and has spent most of her life living in the city. She never married, has no children, is not in a romantic relationship at the moment, and has a great job. Joanne's current move to upstate New York promises to be a great adventure.

Hi Ellie,

As you know, on June 28th I moved up to the Catskill Mountains. Interesting that you dreamed about me in this house the day the owner agreed to let me rent it for one year, as he really wanted to sell it. Things just happen that way. Would I consider buying it? I've always let destiny guide me, so we shall see.

The house is on 24 acres and am looking forward to exploring the land. Went on my first hike in my woods yesterday and got lost - but I eventually found the road and it was fun! I've chosen this place because I have some community up there - and as you can imagine - living in a rural area without friends in the middle of February could be challenging.

It's a big move but the call to be closer to nature has been knocking on my door for a long time now. I will still be coming into New York City on a regular basis but plan on working mostly remote from my new home office.

I'm adjusting to waking up to the sound of birds and roosters instead of the 3AM sanitation truck and it's going well so far! I took my first riding lesson yesterday with a horse named Poppy. He's so gentle and sweet and knows exactly what to do with first time riders like me. We had a great morning together ... I brushed him and he gave me a ride. It's the start of the perfect friendship.

I've got plenty of room for guests! Let me know when you're ready to come up. Feel free to share my pictures.

Big Love,
Joanne