Sunday, July 27, 2014

The Middle East:
Email with a client in Israel


From Ellie: Events are very serious on the global battlefronts. They are all powder kegs ready to go off. From where I watch this in New York City there is no happy ending for anyone. The internet brings the tragic events to the world having a greater impact. I don't see a traditional World War III but I do see lots of people fighting and lots of mistakes made everywhere. Is a third world war actually happening and most people don't know it? You know I believe this is a hologram and everything that's happening everywhere, to everyone, is bashert (destined).

From My Client: I finished my military commitment earlier this year. As to the current events ... we feel safe but the situation is very frustrating. I don't live in the south where it is very hard. Also, my heart goes for many people in both sides that lose their lives. I'm kind of on the left wing here which supports settlement evacuation. Many people who held this approach lost their trust in the other side because the rockets started after we evacuated Gaza. The reality is very complex... With Abu Mazen we can make peace but with Hamas there is no chance. It is an organization which only strives for war and killing - and Israel is not doing its part in giving hope for the Palestinians by stopping the settlement growth.


  Hamas agrees to daylong cease-fire; Israel says it was violated   CNN - July 27, 2014
Not long after Israel resumed its offensive in Gaza on Sunday because of "incessant rocket fire" from Gaza, Hamas said it agreed to a 24-hour U.N.-mediated cease-fire, a move that prompted the United Nations to try to get Israel to accept the hiatus.




July 28, 2014

Eid al-Fitr

Eid al-Fitr, often Eid, is an Islamic holiday that marks the end of Ramadan.