Monday, July 10, 2017

The Overlay



This is so funny. I was browsing a story sent in my NBC news brief this morning - The Roswell Incident and the Kardashians Have Something in Common - when I decided it was time to post on Facebook so I clicked on that Safari file (I usually have about 6 files open to get things done quickly). As I glanced at my monitor I couldn't stop laughing at the way these two images accidentally aligned. Hidden message? It looks like one of those Snap Chat funny faces. The green alien is a good segue into healing ... green ...







Reality Check July 2017 With Ellie Video Blog




Climate Change in the News



  Record rainfall and floods hit Paris   BBC - July 10, 2017

  When corals die off, we die off   CNN - July 10, 2017

Stalagmites from Iranian cave foretell grim future for Middle East climate   PhysOrg - July 10, 2017

  Thousands Flee Wildfires in California; Canada Blazes Grow   US News - July 10, 2017

  Climate Change Could Cut Southern U.S. Incomes by 20%   Fortune - July 10, 2017

The Uninhabitable Earth   New York Magazine - July 10, 2017

Just 100 companies responsible for 71% of global emissions, study says   The Guardian - July 10, 2017




July 11, 2017 at 8:24 p.m.

Manhattanhenge - sometimes referred to as the Manhattan Solstice - is an event during which the setting sun is aligned with the east-west streets of the main street grid of Manhattan in New York City. This occurs twice a year, on dates evenly spaced around the summer solstice. The first Manhattanhenge occurs at the end of May and the second mid-July.