Tuesday, June 19, 2018

When Lightning Strikes Ellie's Building


Monday night, after a long busy day, I took a shower around 8:30. Though I have a great air-conditioning system and my apartment is always cool, outside the temperatures had climbed into the 90s with that sticky humid feeling that you know is going to result in thunderstorms and lightning in the late afternoon or evening.

So there I was washing the shampoo out of my hair when a bolt of lightning lit up above my skylight in the bathroom accompanied by such a loud BOOM I jumped. WTF ... I quickly connect with Z who said I was safe and so I didn't give it any thought until this morning when I decided to go downstairs to do my wash. When I got to the elevators I discovered both were down. The super said they were waiting for a repair person but didn't give details. Since I live on the six floor and the temperature was in the 90s again today ...I decided to wait. THE STORY CONTINUES ...