Sunday, November 6, 2011

Sunday Stuff



Time is adjusted ... as the clocks revert back.

Outside one hears the sounds of sirens and helicopters

overhead due to the New York City Marathon.











Earthquake Adventures

The vibrations of the thousands of runners crossing over the bridge sometimes feels like an earthquake, but in Oklahoma we find the real deal as earthquake activity on the North American plate accelerates.

Good Video ...   Oklahoma's largest quake buckles highway; 1 injured   CNN - November 6, 2011


The 5.6-magnitude quake struck 4 miles east of Sparks in Lincoln County at 11:53 p.m. ET Saturday.

5.6 Earthquake among others   USGS - November 6, 2011

Swarm of Oklahoma Earthquakes   ABC - November 6, 2011

Oklahoma rattled by 5.6 earthquake - Homes damaged and roads buckled by series of shocks including the biggest on record in US state   Guardian - November 6, 2011




Email from Robin in Tulsa

    Hi Ellie!

    "Okie Quakes in the Sooner state!" OMG, we just had the first earthquake I've ever "felt" around midnight or so central time (I forgot exactly) and I've lived here all my life. B-day is 12/25/1974. Okla. has always had them, but they've just been on a very low scale. I think that makes 4 now the last few days. Unbelievable! It's happening, it's REALLY happening, just like you said...accelerated earth changes etc. Wow! I've known certain truths all along, but it's always cool to see the physical manifest more and more to prove to yourself your not crazy! Oh, these are exciting times. Like you, I've internally "known" (since I was a little girl) that I would not die a mortal death. I didn't know how I knew that or how I would leave here, but your the 1st person I've ever heard say it! "Gosh, validation! It's about "time". LOL!!!

    ~ R



When great minds think alike ...

Sunday morning I woke up saying, "Fracking is fracturing the fractals in the fractions of sacred geometry." I really had to write that one day quickly ... and then came my friend Rick's email.

    I suspect the fracking issue is really going to come to a head after the quakes in Oklahoma ... and not too long ago in Texas, Arkansas and other states where they are fracking the lower rock beds.

Frack !

Email From Debra

    Hi Ellie,

    As you know, fracking is big in South Texas. In fact, the earthquake that occurred a couple of weeks ago south of San Antonio in Karnes County was centered where some of the heaviest fracking that is going on.

    On October 26th I was driving to Austin from my home on the coast in Port Aransas and was guided to take a different route than what I normally take. The route took me straight up through the fracking area. Now, as you may recall, I'm an "energy grounder" so, especially whenever I'm in route someplace, the energies start flowing through me very strongly. Well, I have never experienced anything like what I experienced during that trip. At one point, I wasn't even sure which reality I was in and 'woke up' several times now knowing where I was--all the while driving along the highway and through towns. I finally pulled over and said, "Hey, I'll do this work, but this is ridiculous--lighten it up a bit!".

    Definitely the most intense driving experience and I've had quite a few!

    d






Canary Island Adventures




Email from Terri

    Ellie,

    Fascinating earth changes in the Canary Islands!

    El Hierro Volcano (Canary Islands) : Red alert - Raymond has to leave his viewing point due to the toxic gases.

    I'm not usually up in the middle of the night but Oklahoma woke me up.






Tanya's Aventures at Sal, Cape Verde





Sunday October 23, 2011

At 6.30 a.m. my friends and I arrive at the feet of Mount Leao, a 541 ft hill on the west coast of Sal, Cape Verde. It's a dead volcano, and as many others here, it has a pyramidal shape. I wrote to Ellie before, how for me Sal - this tiny stretch of land scattered in the Atlantic Ocean - is a platform with pyramids.


The four women - Victoria Abbott, Paola Mariani, Sheena Patel and I - have been planning this excursion for some time. However, it's clear from the start that not everything is going to be as we have programmed. First, one of us is stuck in bed with a flu. That's Vickey. We miss her especially because she was supposed to lead us to the top of Mount Leao. Vickey is the one who always pushes us beyond our self-imagined limits and does it with such a sense of ease and fun that we all follow. Paola, who has an innate sense for clever solutions, has asked her husband Camillo to come with us instead. Of course it's a great idea! For, while three women are hesitating and complaining we are not able to do it, how the path is steep and slippery, and our shoes with no treads, Camillo is already far up. He stops just to take a closer look at a particular stone, wondering if it's the right one to pick for his garden.





The second reason why I find it to be surprisingly different is because of the whether. Here on Sal, we have lots of sunshine. Under the high tropical sun, the colors are very strong and vibrant. I love it. However, today is very cloudy and this early morning, for me, feels chilly. While I'm not very into this kind of whether, my friends say it's perfect; otherwise it would be too hot and wearying to hike, they say. They are right and I begin to wisely put aside my expectations and to open to the energies of this day and of this group, especially because positive.


Eventually, we arrive on a flat surface, just under the top of the hill. It's a perfect viewpoint. We seat and pause. Camillo is serving us with "mate" - typical tea from his home country, Argentina. No one of us is native to this island where we are living today. But we have agendas connecting us to this place and are here to stay. What is this country anyway? Have you ever heard about Cape Verde? Sheena will answer that. I call her the "great sista", because she would appear ageless and her energies are a blend of the kid and adult's, the teaser and sage's.

Our Sheena reminds us of a recent article she read in the New York Times. It is about Pedro Pires, the ex Cape Verdean president receiving the 5 million dollars Ibrahim Prize for Achievement in African Leadership. This prize hasn't been assigned to anybody for the past two years, because no leader has deserved it as corruption and ill government are blazing in most African countries. We comment how, Cape Verde, in contrast to many others is poor in natural resources; no petrol, gold, diamonds here, upon which to build an empire of greed and oppression. "You see you don't have to be that kind of government bad guy to bag up 5 million bucks", my friends observe.

We turn to look the ocean, the reef and the surf, the island barren and flat, except for the pyramids. On our right is Espargos, the biggest town on the island and with the adjacent international airport. Sheena's phone is ringing 7.45 a.m. We are watching a plane taking off.





After the noisy jet vanishes, peace returns. The ocean is smooth and endless, and the clouds heavy and low. It seems as heaven and sea are touching, and we are on a privileged seat to watch it. Only later when departing we would realize that we were also sheltered from the strong wind that picked up just behind the hill, making thus the ocean on that other side, rough and choppy. But here, a big bird - perhaps an eagle - flies above the glassy waters and we are watching it from above. We are all overwhelmed by it and Paola says she often dreams of flying. Me too. "No wonder some people get crazy about paragliding", Sheena ads, "wouldn't be cool to be able to fly." The fantasies and the height we are on are making us dizzy.


We continue to chat, while I am settling to do a meditation. This is my intention: to ascend and overlooking the ocean, do it. I understood it only a few days before. I have read about the Lion and the Book of Creation in one of Ellie's recent blogs. I know the Lion is special to her. On our part, the Mount Leao was calling upon my group of friends. Moreover, I have recently had an interesting experience of feminine and masculine polarities merging into oneness.


On the night of October 21, before falling to sleep I had imaginary pictures of my husband and I dancing and spinning around a room. It was just a flux of thoughts. I looked close to my husband's face and saw it blending with mine- then it took off spontaneously. Something unexpected and beautiful happen. I felt myself being in two places at the same time: in my room and in my body; but also outside my body and on another plane, so to say, where I sensed my body light, my mind serene and everything in that unison more relaxed than ever. I was still awake and it was very clear what was happening. To perceive oneself in both places as well as to be totally composed and loose, felt so natural. It lasted for a minute or two. Later, I was explained I had had a conscious out of body experience.


I would like to point this out: the "paranormal" OBE appeared to me very ordinary and familiar. Though, what did bewilder me was how I triggered it. Here was the key: the merging of the dualities; a woman's appearance into a man's; a feminine nature into a masculine. It was right then that a shift came about.

Back to our Sunday excursion.

We are sitting in the same sheltered place and chatting in a quiet tone, often surrendering to silence. The view we have from here is spectacular. Sheena speaks how she saw a movie the other day in which there were only female characters and how by the end of it, she only wished to turn it off, and return to balance: "women need men, and men need women", she concludes. Well, that is plain and fair; the same can't be said of the world's economy and politics! Yet, I don't believe Sheena is aware she has been talking about something I have prepared to do a meditation upon. It's a sign for me to begin. Again, everything is silent.



My eyes are closed. By turning the gaze toward and through the third eye, I have immediately seen a very bright sun. I say to myself, "It'ss not always that quick". Maybe, Mount Leao is a special place in which I may instantly connect to some sort, or some source, of energy. Leao is the Portuguese name for "Lion". I imagine my face as a lion's. The taller forehead I have now is free of tensions; it's so smooth and vast and I'm enjoying all the light it can be bestowed upon. Only my mane is stirred; it's carried by the wind and blasting around the radiance I'm receiving. In the meantime, Paola and Sheena have climbed to the very top. Afterwards, they would say, it has been very windy up there.


We have finally fulfilled our resolutions on Mount Leao: me to do a meditation; Sheena to face her fear of height; Paola to do something she has wished for 15 years; and Camillo to enjoy his Sunday. The story is over. We can drive back home now.







Wait, before we leave, we have to make our Yoga pictures!










Actually, once in the car and heading to Santa Maria where we are sojourning, we are entering a new story ... I see a big heron flying low above us. My friends also see it landing between the bushes and grass. I am the only one who can't see it anymore.

Sheena speaks, "It's amazing how animals are made to camouflage and blend perfectly with the surroundings. You know about the leopards ..." And here she is again, the kid and the adult, the teaser and the sage, telling stories of when she lived in Zambia and the South Africa, spent time there and worked in the reserves. To me, they are wonderful stories about nature and wild life. But, we all are wonderful and beautiful and learning we are one.

Very often people talk about what is on my mind. Would you guess then, who was back in the story about Africa that Sheena was beginning to tell us? The lions, of course.










Additional Photos by Panoramio.com