Thursday, May 21, 2015

Farewells

Wednesday night, I watched the final episode of David Letterman. I go back to the beginning of late-night TV with Jack Parr, Johnny Carson, Jay Leno, and a few others who are/were television icons in their day. When I was young, there were no VCRs, so I never watched late night shows. Along came VHS recorders and on the occasion I would record a show and watch it the next day. Now, we have DVR's and other ways one can watch missed programs, so I often record late night TV and if I have time, will watch it, if not I just delete the show. I usually watch a late-night talk show because of a guest appearing on the show. Last night, David Lettermen had a star studded show - celebs who came to say goodbye. It was a fond farewell from the rigors of a five-night a week show to whatever lies ahead for him. Good luck, David.

Letting go and saying good bye is part of the Spring season. Some people embrace the change, while others are fearful about what lies ahead and how they can handle and control it. Whatever your personality type on this matter ... they happen to all of us. Some call it growth.




Linda took these photos of me before our reading and adventure.

I wanted to show my friend Geri my 12-foot ceilings and the
pink silk blouse I won on eBay for $6.99 - New - Free Shipping









Fleet Week NYC - May 20-26, 2015


Ships come in many shapes and sizes.




69th Street Pier in Brooklyn, NY

Whenever I'm around "alien energies" the wind blows wildly.

Sweatshirt airbrushed for me by artist Rick Bukowski who connected me with Aliens, Pyramids, and UFOs

Photos above, by Linda Cronin-Gross

Linda later posted on my Facebook wall:
Ellie. So glad to see that the photos look great, as, of course, do you.
Thanks for an excellent reading and a fun time too. I learned a lot today.




I took these photos as the ships sailed under the Verrazano Bridge this morning.




This year marks the 27th anniversary of Fleet Week New York.

  Fleet Week NYC  Google Videos

This year marks the 27th anniversary of Fleet Week New York.

  Fleet Week NYC  Google Videos




May 21, 2015

Sun in Gemini

Happy Birthday to the Gemini Readers!

Enter the Gemini Portal. What do you see today?