Friday, May 1, 2015

May

May is a favorite month, for many people often because of the weather. Based on powerful climate changes, it would be nice to have one month where the temperatures are comfortable and people can enjoy nature. May is another major time of transition which includes graduations, job changes and relocations, relationships, and a whole host of other things.

For those with emotional problems - forced to live in what they see as restrictive situations - this is their time to break free. Out there, we find a planet of souls who can no longer function. In a manner of speaking, they are retired from mainstream society and hopefully have caretakers or income because they cannot work. Creativity and the gentle things of life that take them back to childhood - is where they find their greatest pleasures - art, music, writing, gardening, cooking, travel, etc. is their catharsis. The number of people who fit into that category is increasing every day.

May is looking like a fun month for me. I'm spending Mother's Day in NJ. The following day, George will be here for 2 days visiting me from Fla. The icing on the cake comes at the end of the month. My Mother's Day gift is a one week time share - this year my choice is Williamsburg, VA which calls to me. Lots of history tied to the hologram. I'm flying out May 29. My friend John is driving up from Tampa to meet me at the airport and spend the week. You know, a trip is meant to be when things fall into place easily. I know Mercury Retrograde will be part of this trip, but I don't see any mishaps.




May 1, 2015

May Day

The earliest May Day celebrations appeared in pre-Christian times, with the festival of Flora, the Roman goddess of flowers, and the Walpurgis Night celebrations of the Germanic countries. It is also associated with the Gaelic Beltane. Many pagan celebrations were abandoned or Christianized during the process of conversion in Europe. A more secular version of May Day continues to be observed in Europe and America. In this form, May Day may be best known for its tradition of dancing the maypole dance and crowning of the Queen of the May. Various Neopagan groups celebrate reconstructed (to varying degrees) versions of these customs on May 1. The day was a traditional summer holiday in many pre-Christian European pagan cultures. In the Roman Catholic tradition, May is observed as Mary's month, and in these circles May Day is usually a celebration of the Blessed Virgin Mary.


Music Meditation on May Day




May 1, 1931

The Empire State Building was officially dedicated.


I hosted a live global call-in TV show "Satellite Psychic" in 1992 from a studio near the top.

My guest that week was UFO researcher Pat Marcattilio from New Jersey.




May 2, 2015

Kentucky Derby   Wikipedia

The Kentucky Derby

There are two horses I am betting on:
(my number) 17 Mr. Z and 2 Carpe Diem.