Saturday, April 8, 2017

Turned Away


I guess this is a follow-up to yesterday's Syria dream though not a sequence dream. In today's wake-up dream I was a woman walking with a child. I was trying to get someone to recognize me and give me shelter as I went from place to place where I knew the people, but was turned away. I remember stopping to talk to a local woman who was sweeping the sidewalk in front of her store and calling her name ... again turned away. Then I realized I wasn't Ellie but a woman from the middle east - wearing a long dress and head wrap (hajib). I woke up.

This dream could also have been triggered by the plight of the Jewish people in the Moses' storyline as we enter the portals of Passover and Easter. Since the beginning ... the goal has always been freedom ... humans wandering through the sands of time ... to awaken in this timeline.




Remembering Don Rickles

May 8, 1926 - April 6, 2017

Don Rickles -- Filmography

Memorable Quotes from Don Rickles

You can't be a my age, and a nice Jewish girl from New York City, and not remember Don Rickles' hilarious schtick. Though I hate insult comedy, there was a kindness in Don Rickles' jokes. He laughed at himself as well as others and never skipped a beat. As my husband Ralph entertained on the Borscht Belt we often got to meet some of the legendary Jewish comedians of that time - Mel Blanc, Milton Berle, Jack Benny, and Red Buttons, Mel Brooks, Billy Crystal, Rodney Dangerfield, Don Rickles, and Joan Rivers who I once chatted with in the lobby of the Raleigh Hotel. We honor Don and those in that genre who made us laugh and brought joy to the world.