Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Beautiful

This afternoon my friend Pat is taking me to see the Broadway show Beautiful: The Carole King Musical for my birthday on the best weather day of the week here in the city. Among its many awards, the cast album won the 2015 Grammy Award for Best Musical Theatre Album on February 8, 2015.




Reality Check

Embellishing the News: First, it was Brian Williams, now, it's Bill O'Reilly ... As I read more and more, I realize that much of what is reported by media is not what happened. We know reality is subjective, but some stories are obvious fabrications. I'm not quite sure why people embellish the events in their lives. I would suspect it has to do with ego mostly ... and the ever driving need to say they made a difference.

In case you missed the memo -- WWIII is underway. Thousands will die or worse. There are cyber wars, drugs wars, and those fought on battlefields, all part of our aggressive need for drama. The feeling of end times will make more and more sense as this is the last global go-round. Old and new diseases will surface as if by design. Things we know nothing about will underlie the global face of reality. The current mall threats and other potential terrorist acts ... I knew about them but there is not much we can do other than be prepared and careful until the end. Most people I know understand the collapse of society and its systems. They are watching and waiting just as I am. Some believe things will get better, but are not sure how. The answer comes when the hologram ends.

In the midst of that one has to stop and enjoy the sun - rising and setting as our lives unfold each day.