Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Fifty Years Ago Today
MLK Shooting


On April 4, 1968, the Martin Luther King Jr. stepped outside his room at the Lorraine Motel in Memphis, Tennessee, and leaned over the balcony. King has been in an anxious mood all day, and his room reflected his hurried state of mind. His bed remained unmade and his suitcase unpacked. As King stood on the balcony, he asked a saxophonist in the courtyard below to play his favorite song, "Take My Hand, Precious Lord," at a rally he was to lead later that night.

Across the street James Earl Ray raised his rifle in the narrow bathroom of a derelict rooming house and pointed it at King. It was 6:01 p.m. Just as the man squeezed the trigger, King suddenly returned to his room to don his overcoat against the evening chill. The bullet entered through his right cheek, smashing his jaw, then traveled down his spinal cord before lodging in his shoulder. Conspiracy Theories Emerged for that is the nature of the algorithm of reality.

As the nation remembers King's assassination 50 years ago today ... What if King had survived? Would he have changed the trajectory of events that shaped a post-1968 America? How would events have changed him as the country evolved? Read more. Watch the video.




Violence Follows Humanity


Female shooter at YouTube headquarters is identified as Nasim Aghdam  
CNN - April 4, 2018

Nasim Aghdam, 39, claimed on social media that YouTube was discriminating against her videos, many of which focused on animal rights and veganism, mixed in with bizarre musical parodies. Aghdam's family told NBC News that she was a longtime YouTube user who felt she had been cheated out of income. At the end of the day people are simply going postal.




April 4, 2018


Equal Pay Day

Raising awareness of the gender pay gap.

Exclusive: #PayMeToo campaign launched to close gender pay gap  
The Guardian - April 3, 2018

Equal Pay Day    Google News

As a teacher, I had a fixed salary. As a psychic, author, and teacher I created my own Priceline. For me discrimination as a woman was never a problem. But for the rest of the world this is definitely not the case and everyone knows the reasons. In this year of women's rights, hopefully equal pay will become more prevalent in industries that do not allow a woman to take home a paycheck to support herself and more often her family. I have three daughters all of whom are professionals and work to improve women's rights in the workplace.

Speaking of fair pay ... currently in Arizona, Oklahoma, and Kentucky, teachers are protesting for increased benefits not just for themselves but better conditions for their students. The stories are endless as both teachers and students conduct a massive teacher revolt. As a former teacher I can totally sympathize with the movement. I remember spending my own money for supplies back in the day. When my daughter Tracy, a teacher in Arizona, tells me that each student has an iPad, and participate in specialty programs, it makes me want to go back to teaching, though I do it my way now. I left because I am a teacher not a disciplinarian and students as you know, even at the youngest ages, can be out of control. School incidents go back as far as I can remember.




April 4, 1975


Bill Gates and Paul Allen Form a Partnership called Microsoft.

Microsoft is an American multinational technology company with headquarters in Redmond, Washington. It develops, manufactures, licenses, supports and sells computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, the Microsoft Office suite, and the Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers. Its flagship hardware products are the Xbox video game consoles and the Microsoft Surface tablet lineup. The word "Microsoft" is a portmanteau of "microcomputer" and "software".




UFO Over the Verrazano Bridge

My friend Joe lives a few blocks away on 3rd Avenue. Two weeks ago his neighbor walked outside at 7:00 AM and looked over at the Verrazano Bridge. He wanted me to know that two weeks ago his neighbor walked outside at 7:00 AM and looked over at the Verrazano Bridge. There, centered over the bridge, was a giant UFO that, as best he could describe it, was shaped like a four-leaf clover. He looked to see if anyone else was witnessing the event, but there was no one around. Sometimes things like this happen, where one witness sees a UFO and nobody else does. Joe's friend is not into UFOs ... Or maybe he is now. FYI - He didn't have his phone with him to get a pic as the UFO moved east over the water.

I posted this on Facebook and my friend Gabe wrote: I have told you for years the bridge is a portal and mirage. I'll never forget that day it hit me before meeting you.

Ellie: I remember. Many people have reported sightings over the bridge in the time since I moved here. The good stuff comes when we find out who or what is flying the ship. As to the bridge being a portal ... that is why I am living here.