Wednesday, August 28, 2013

50 Years Ago
I Have A Dream



1963 was a monumental year for me. I turned 20, got married, graduated college, started teaching, and took a trip with my husband Ralph to Washington, D.C. We didn't attend the events on August 28, but our visit over spring break always lingers in my mind.

As Ralph and I visited the National Mall - images flooded my mind of humanity and my place in it. Only 9 years had passed since my UFO incident with my Mom in Black Rock Desert (Pyramid Lake, Nevada), but suddenly the destiny that had been shown to me, began to take on greater definition. I was here to make a difference that would one day return me to the same space, just another timeline.

On the night of our visit to the National Mall, I had a dream about reality as a consciousness hologram, which did not make sense until years later. Today, I understand that we live in a "dream" from which we are about to awaken.

And so it came to pass in March 2003, with another soul-mate, Sherif, the day before the 2003 invasion of Iraq. This time, I had been asked to visit and discuss the whereabouts of Osama bin Ladin, thought by some to be in the U.S. I told them it would take 9 years from the events of 9/11 to find and capture him - not associating 9 years (in numerology) as the completion of a cycle. Osama bin Ladin was killed on May 2, 2011, just over 9 years later. My meeting with Sherif was that day was a synchronicity, as he was there with his own agenda linked to a meeting of Republicans and President Bush. Today, Sherif remains in Cairo ... once again hoping to make a difference for the freedom of the people in his home land.

August 28, 1963

Life and times for all Americans would change forever by the words of one man, as more than 200,000 people gathered on the National Mall for the "March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom". I remember watching the event on TV with Ralph and the feelings I had when we visited months before. The Rev. Martin Luther King spoke late in the day, but his famous speech - I Have a Dream - changed everything. His goal - like that other many others before and after him - was to end to racism in the United States. It was a shift in consciousness, a change in the program, that put Martin Luther King in that place, at that time, to change history.

Today, on the 50th anniversary of that speech, we look back on what has happened over the past 50 years and what still needs to be done. Will Americans - as any other group of people around the world - ever truly be free? We all "have a dream" and hope for a "bright" future that changes everything. Wait for it.

US marks Martin Luther King 'I have a dream' speech   BBC - August 28, 2013
The US will commemorate the 50th anniversary of the March for Jobs and Freedom, the civil rights rally at which Martin Luther King Jr made his historic "I have a dream" speech.

  John Lewis on his friend Martin   BBC - August 28, 2013
US Congressman John Lewis is the last surviving speaker from the March on Washington 50 years ago. The student activist turned civil rights leader spoke on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial just before Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. delivered his famous I Have a Dream speech on 28 August 1963. Mr Lewis has also just published a graphic novel called March which chronicles his role in the civil rights movement through the 1950s and 1960s. He spoke to the BBC about how he was inspired by Dr. King's speeches on the radio and later became his friend.

Attack shuts down New York Times' website   CNN - August 28, 2013
More than 12 hours after it was attacked, the New York Times website remained inaccessible early Wednesday morning.