Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year !



New Years Eve in Ellie's World was about having dinner and laughs with friends in my area. I've welcomed in many New Years in the past, each one unique in its own way. Despite prophecies, predictions, and whatever else we assumed would happen last year, the very tumultuous 2012 was fading quickly in the rearview mirror - time more lucid and knowing that something was wrong that goes beyond the physical.

I went home ... got into bed around 10:30 .. and fell asleep. Then, a strange thing happened. As if on cue, I woke up just before midnight. I put on the TV to watch the ball drop in Times Square ... somehow that always makes welcoming the new year more official. The counter-down clock read 2:17. I laughed as that is my birthday. I watched as to went to zero and millions of people celebrated.

Outside I heard the sounds of fireworks, sending me to the window on the 4th Avenue side. Sure enough, golden fireworks were being set off from the rooftop of a building across the street. I quickly got my camera, but just like trying the get a photo of the UFO that passed by here five years ago, I was too late. A new year had begun and still I could not help but feel that none of this is real, that I didn't belong here, and that something would soon happen.


New Year's Eve in the city 2012 ... without Dick Clark ... stepped up security ... celebrations and watching the ball drop in Times Square ... making resolutions (do people still do that to clean up their act?) ... looking back at 2012 and reflecting on what's happened in our personal lives and the world at large ... wondering about the fiscal cliff as just another diversion among many and knowing there is no solution ... and then there's Hillary Clinton burned out, back in the hospital, and should take a year off.

After our annual review of our lives, we conceive of the future - both short and long term - and set our goals for 2013 - in world that becomes more cynical each year. Still there are those who have hope for 2013 as the year everything turns around.

As a psychic reader, this is a very busy time as people focus on the future while forever resolving the past. Certain themes continue - the movement away from outdated belief systems, relationships, and situations. Reality just shifted into something more lucid. Could this have occurred to allow for a better understanding of reality as an illusion?


Anna and I made an impromptu video with my cell phone while discussing 2013.