Thursday, March 20, 2014

Happy Spring

I think I have a touch of spring fever or March Madness - but not the basketball version. Elimination is the name of the game today - and on International Day of Happiness, this is what makes me happy - out with the old and in with the new.

In the past week, I bought all new kitchen appliances which led me down the road ... not only to redoing the kitchen ... but all of the other cabinets and closets. It's funny when they ask you to fill out warrantees, or extended warrantees, because I know I'll never need them.

Somewhere along the line I collected a lot of metaphysical "things" that I thought, like most of us often do, I might need one day. All gone ... or given away.

You never know how much you've stuffed into your closets until you start cleaning. It's like updating files on Crystalinks and realizing you need to reorganize and create another directory, because few people will take the time to read the information otherwise.

My first metaphysical teacher, Sue, told the class, "People are either pack rats and save everything - or just throw everything away." I've always been one to throw things away. It's almost like my soul saying, "They will be replaced by something better if needed." Delete !! :)

I think teachers tend to save things, because they feel they may need them for future classes. But now we live in a world that's digital, so a laptop, or any other device that will help you make a presentation, is the way to go. It may sound silly, but I also use my iPad during many of my readings to help clients research what they are looking for, to find photos, look at their websites, and more.

And so the journey continues as we move to March Madness ... which in my opinion takes on many definitions including more storm patterns, and an alleged lead in the search for Malaysia Flight 370. Place your bets folks ... Noah expects to win big and has many brackets a major investment of $20 for our little guy. Noah is my 8 year old grandson who never misses. One day, if the program continues, he'll play for the NACC. My take ... let's "shoot for closure".


NCAA Men's Division I Basketball Championship

The Best Nonsensical Ways to Pick Your March Madness Bracket   Sports Illustrated - March 20, 2014
If the NCAA tournament always played out like the experts predicted, they would probably call it 'March Boring As Hell.' But they don't. It's March Madness. The reason for this is that many of the results are so improbable that no person who actually spent the past few months watching college basketball could have possibly predicted them. Now, if you're planning on filling out a nonsensical bracket this year, you're probably not somebody who spent the past few months watching college basketball. There are plenty of statistical geniuses who will provide you with sound bracket analysis, but that's just not your style, and I respect that.




March 20, 2014


International Day of Happiness

  International Day of Happiness Google Video

The International Day of Happiness is celebrated
throughout the world on 20 March. It was established by
the United Nations General Assembly on 28 June 2012.

Happiness means different things to each
of us and changes as we experience life.





Spring

Vernal Equinox
Equal hours of Night (Darkness) and Day (light)




Sun in Aries

Happy Birthday to the Aries Readers!





Nowruz - Persian New Year

  Nowruz Google Video




March 20, 2003


Start of the Third Persian Gulf War - Invasion of Iraq