Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Floor is Open


Monday ... what to blog... For years I have told my friends that I never have anything to blog ... but the next day I sit here and write pages + links. Here's the thing ... what is left to blog that we haven't discussed before? When you go into the consciousness grid for 2011 - it's all been covered - and counting down. There's always more self empowerment books and systems out there ... but people tell me they're done and want something new.

I am open to these ideas: If you have a story and maybe a photo to share - not about orbs, ghosts and scrying, but something unusual you think the readers will enjoy, please email it. Check spelling and grammar. I'm also not into poetry, promoting your self- empowerment system or like that. Let's see what people have to say.




My friend Colette Baron-Reid sends us the YouTube for her exciting new book "The Map" that comes out today. Check it out!





Email From Readers


Story 1: Watch what you wish (bone) for ....

    Dear Ellie,

    Here's a little story that happened to me. I like to cook a turkey for dinner on special occasions and to make soup with the bones the next day. I like to save the birds' wishbones. They're for wishing and a symbol of good luck. My mom wrapped them in tin foil and tied them onto wedding gifts. Others I know hang them in their kitchens too. It's a pretty little bone and it seems right to hang up it.

    On one particular turkey soup day, and being in a hurry to go out, I didn't think to remove the wishbone before making the stock. After the stock was strained the bones were so hot I only had a tentative look and didn't find it. All the bones went into a bowl for our dog which I took outside when I left. When I came home I went over to pick up the bowl and could hardly believe my eyes. It was licked clean except for one thing, the wishbone.

    Cheers, Wendy



Story 2: The Afterlife

    Hi Ellie,

    My husband bought a new (old) funeral home. We already own two others. The funeral industry is changing so as we make plans to redecorate the new funeral home we are projecting our thoughts into the future. The building and its furnishings are very traditional and more suited for the past generations, not appealing to the Boomers, their children and grandchildren. I'm an interior designer and Feng Shui Practitioner so I do lots of planning before starting a project. However this new project feels different. We know that cremations are increasing but we also know that families like to memorialize their loved ones with some kind of meaningful ceremony.

    My question to your readers would be "What do you want to happen to your body when you die? How do you want to be remembered? Does a religion play a role in your ceremony of choice? How do you want the inside of the building to look and feel?"

    Thank you for your suggestions.

    Reply to Pam

I am the wrong person to ask these questions but here goes ... I never think about dying - I only see myself leaving when the program ends - no arrangements needed - (laugh) - the physical body gone. Remember ... we have all died many times and should be used to it by now.

How do I want to be remembered? I'll have to think about that - never considered it as the program will be over. From what I have gathered in many families ... death often splits families as karma is complete and people fight about inheritance.

Religion? If I were a normal human, my family would place me in the ground in Beth David Jewish cemetery in Queens, NY, next to Ralph. Here's a funny story. My daughter Zsia, who also sees and talks to Ralph, is married to Jon. Jon's grandmother died last week and was buried in Beth David cemetery. It was a cold day with ice and snow everywhere. Zsia thought to visit her father's grave and went looking for it. As she walked around ... slip-sliding over people graves ... knocking the traditional small stones people leave when visiting, to the ground (that's a silly tradition) as she lost her balance (there's got to be a metaphor or 2 here) ... there was Ralph ... no, not his grave which she never found, but Ralphie the Ghost. She said the whole experience was hilarious. The moral of the story ... Do what those you leave behind expect you to do so they can mourn your passing in a traditional way, but at the end of the day understand the truth ... the box is empty ... except for the bones and maybe some forensic evidence if needed (I watch too many cop shows), but that takes us to my client stories mentioned here last week linked to the Mafia - the whole situation arresting.

Your next question - the building. I prefer something clean and modern, but again I think it's best you ask others. I wish you and your family success in what is not a dying business - even in a recession. Follow your instincts and follow Feng Shui. I hope others can answer your questions in a more formal way than I did. Sorry but after a lifetime of talking to spirits, the rest seems nothing more than human traditions in this timeline.



Funeral Traditions, Art,   Wikipedia

    A funeral is a ceremony for celebrating, sanctifying, or remembering the life of a person who has died. Funerary customs comprise the complex of beliefs and practices used by a culture to remember the dead, from interment itself, to various monuments, prayers, and rituals undertaken in their honor. These customs vary widely between cultures, and between religious affiliations within cultures. The word funeral comes from the Latin funus, which had a variety of meanings, including the corpse and the funerary rites themselves. Funerary art is art produced in connection with burials, including many kinds of tombs, and objects specially made for burial with a corpse.

    Funeral rites are as old as the human culture itself, predating modern Homo sapiens, to at least 300,000 years ago.[For example, in the Shanidar cave in Iraq, in Pontnewydd Cave in Wales and other sites across Europe and the Near East, Neanderthal skeletons have been discovered with a characteristic layer of flower pollen. This has been interpreted as suggesting that Neanderthals believed in an afterlife, although the evidence is not unequivocal - while the dead were apparently indeed buried deliberately, the flowers might have been introduced by burrowing rodents.




From funerals we segue to the ...







State of the Union Address


Tonight President Obama makes another eloquent speech, as he always does (he's a Leo). The focus will be the economy once again as people wait for things to turn around, the rising stock market showing itself to mean little as we learn lessons in economics and all is crashing down.

Last week, when President Hu visited the US, what do you think he and Obama talked about in private? What are the issues behind the issues? Did someone say disclosure? Has Obama figured out who really runs the country (and the world) yet?








Monday on Oprah

Great show Oprah reuniting with a half-sister she never knew she had.

Oprah's Family Secret -- The ABC Report













Spielberg and Lucas

I believe both men see a grain of truth to the 2012 prophecy based on Earth changes and more. Both men have always been 'tapped in', but don't want people to panic, so Lucas later backed off.

Rogen stunned by Lucas' 2012 theory   Toronto Sun - January 24, 2011

Funnyman Seth Rogen was left stunned by a recent encounter with his moviemaking hero George Lucas - because the Star Wars director spent 20 minutes telling him the world would end in 2012. Rogen was left speechless when Lucas and Steven Spielberg joined a movie meeting he was a part of - but the encounter has left him worried his life will be over next year.

Lucas and Spielberg Building Spaceship to be Launched December 2011   Daily Squib - January 24, 2011

The two prominent film producers, George Lucas and Steven Spielberg, have both joined forces to create a space rocket that will propel them and their families to a safe planet in the Andromeda galaxy, a studio spokesman revealed on Friday.