Thursday, January 13, 2011

Ted Williams


As I watch the story of voice-over artist Ted Williams unfold, I was not only touched by it, but felt a connection, which didn't make sense. As he was from Ohio, how would I have known him? Today I went to Wiki and found out that Ted grew up in Bedford-Stuyvesant, Brooklyn, and was 53 years old.

I taught elementary school in Bed-Stuy from 1963-65 (ages 20-22). Doing the math, I realized that was the time Ted could have been my student, though I don't remember him. Back in those day Bed-Stuy was a very scary place. You drove to work, paid to park in someone's garage so nothing happened to your car, then you drove home. It was just like in the movies. I remember the summer after I stopped teaching there ... they found a dead body in the basement and the principal quit. That was not an easy time and place to grow up. Here's another sad memory I have from that experience ... shortly after I started teaching there, they announcement over the loud speaker that President Kennedy had been shot.

They say everything is timing. For Ted Williams, this is his time and I am so happy for him. It will not be an easy road for him, but I think he can do it and set an example for millions of people in his situation. I have been following the story on Entertainment Tonight, and it would seem he is going into rehab, guided by Dr. Phil. I believe he will do it in the time remaining. I can't wait to see the story of his life.



I told male a friend who just lost everything in a divorce, his credit so bad he can't find work ... that we should make a sign ... I'll video him and put it on YouTube.

    "Just divorced. Homeless, Jobless, and Penniless."











Haiti One Year Later

One of the interesting things about my career as a psychic is the amazing clients I read from around the world. Wednesday, on the one year anniversary of the 7.0 earthquake in Haiti, I read a woman named Marie who lived there for many years before moving to NYC. She said that though the earthquake was an unspeakable tragedy, the good that came out of it was that the world realized the way her people lived ... in virtual squalor. People have opened their hearts and donated money and other things to help make a difference to this extremely poor country, that went unnoticed until now. Though tragedy still befalls the people, and the threat of another major quake remains, there are those trying to help.

Why U.S. aid workers refuse to give up   CNN - January 12, 2011

Can-Do founder Eric Klein spent most of 2010 in Haiti helping people recover from the devastating earthquake. As he returns to Haiti in 2011, his first stop will be at an orphanage that his charity helped rebuild last year. The 50 children there call him "EK." The orphanage is completely out of food and resources. "When you get out there, it is again the first day of the disaster -- it is like you are there for the first time," Klein said. "The need is still so great -- the disaster is not over, and in some ways it is just getting worse."