Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Sukkot

October 12 - 19, 2011




Sukkot, Feast of Booths, Feast of Tabernacles


The sukkah is intended as a reminiscence of the type of fragile dwellings in which the Israelites lived during their 40 years of travel in the desert after the Exodus from slavery in Egypt. Throughout the holiday meals are eaten inside the sukkah and many sleep there as well.






October 13, 1917

Fatima: The Miracle of the Sun



Fatima Prophecies



This re-enactment allows one to understand

that the sighting was a UFO and alien related.

It's all projected illusion in the hologram of our reality.

Mary says, "The world is going to end soon!" ... so is the program.












Columbus Day 2011 - Christopher Columbus also encountered UFOs







Monday, October 10, 2011

A strange thing happened on Columbus Day this year - the temperatures rose to 85° so off I went to Westport, CT. to play with my daughter Nikki and her family. It was Ryan's birthday which always adds to the fun. The weather brought everyone out to the local beach where I met lots of moms, dads, and children taking what one could call a Mental Health Day as the summer nears its end.



Drew and Noah


Ellie makes a friend

I met a woman named Kate, another grandma relaxing at the shore with her daughter and two grandsons, one of whom is Noah's friend Drew. Kate is one month younger than I and is of Irish descent. We sat in the shade watching the children play while discussing how we were raised - Jewish vs. Irish - and how our lives turned out.

Back in the day when we were young ...

My parents gave me freedom of choice, but instilled in me the need for women to have a college education and career because you never know what happens - a woman should be strong and always able to take care of herself in the dramas of life. I suppose my Mom, being psychic, knew I would one day return to work after my children were grown, or would leave my marriage to pursue my chosen destiny - the one she took me find in the Nevada desert in 1954. Teaching was the career of choice for them, and in a way my entire life has been about teaching, moving out of the confines of the classroom and into the world. I'm not good at dealing with disciplining others, bureaucracy, and the dramas children bring to the classroom in many inner city schools.

Kate got a job after high school, married the same year I did - and had 4 children in 6 years while I had 3 children in 5 years. We both stayed home to raise our families - divorcing in the same year 1983. I went back to teaching while Kate had to find a way to earn a living. Luckily she 'attracted' a wonderful employer (not a romance) who taught her the skills needed to be successful in the corporate world, as she moved her way up the ladder at a time college was not a requirement for business if you came in on an entry level. Today she is happily remarried, retired and enjoying her time, though sometimes bored after years of a successful career. She thought about getting a part time job, but as you know from last week's blog, people don't hire seniors. I told her I would never remarry - not for me - but would love to find a man in my age group who gets me (not happening) ... and as to work - I love it.

We also discussed the changes in the economy and how no one can fix it. The stay-at-home-mom could easily be forced back to work as her husband loses his job or after a divorce. Does she have skills, or the required education? Ladies ... plan ahead. It's all based on money and safety, which is why so many people are going crazy waiting for inheritance. Everyone needs to find a way to be independent. It's the game. Then again we have those who take the disability route ... but that's another blog ... dozens of them.

Economy October 2011

There are those who get it and the rest who feel someone will pull a rabbit out of a hat and reinvent it. Occupy Wall Street - which began at Ground Zero as all things do - is spiraling out as the movement has gone global. You know the reasons people are marching - basically due to the collapse. This is all going somewhere starting from NYC. As all things are myth, math and metaphor - this movement is a metaphor for the growing frustration in the global economy. Many see global riots and other chaos in the months ahead. It is already happening. Be happy you know where this is headed very quickly.



Hope ... people live their lives based on hope ... without it there is nothing. And yet the greatest hope for the future is the understanding of where we are going and how that presents whatever people envision when all shifts .. and shifting it is.