Saturday, October 8, 2016

Columbus Day Weekend

This is the blog where I tell people to have a great weekend, enjoy the autumn, get out in nature and have fun. For some readers that may apply but for thousands of others Hurricane Matthew brings a stormy forecast. Do your sense its path is being "guided" to keep it off shore to reduce the destruction? As natural disasters and climate change accelerate exponentially - follow the patterns until the end.

The Science of Monster Storms   Scientific American - October 7, 2016
Extreme weather events are nothing new, but they appear to be gaining strength.




In the craziness of the world ... last Sunday I posted about the fun time I had at the 3rd Avenue Festival here in Bay Ridge. Today, we find this story at the location I was standing

Masked gunmen wound 4 in Brooklyn bodega attack   NY Daily News- October 8, 2016
At least one of the victims and his attackers had just spilled out of Catch 22, a bar across the street, when shots rang out in the M&S Mini Market on Third Ave. near 73rd St. in Bay Ridge about 4 a.m., according to police sources. Emergency responders brought all four victims to Lutheran Medical Center, where they are expected to survive, officials said. Authorities were searching for three suspects, all described as Hispanic men wearing black shirts and white masks.

Bay Ridge shooting leaves four hurt   ABC - October 8, 2016




Second Presidential Debate

Trump does not plan to withdraw from the race.

Pence cannot support him. Will he withdraw as candidate for VP?

I always saw major drama before the election, but this is wild.

We watch the current debates - presidential and vice presidential - and conclude what we already know - the candidates don't know what they're talking about, make it up as they go, embellishments and lies, it's all orchestrated, and they have agendas of their own. But hasn't that always been the case - 2016 taking it to a new high for corruption? Wasn't the deal to change the political system to help people? But we must not forget that the hologram is collapsing and in end time anything goes. As I blog I hear this song ...

Millions will watch Sunday night's debate as if a soap opera ... speaking of which ... these are the "Days of OUR Lives" where Friday a vulgar video featuring Trump in 2005 was aired (see below). The actress in the video is gorgeous and talented Arianne Zucker. I have been a fan of Days off and on through the decades loving Arianne as Nicole Walker reformed villianess. I could never figure out why she didn't make it big in films. It all has to do with programming. A blurb on Wikipedia about Arianne reads:

    October 7, 2016: In a Access Hollywood video that surfaced, Zucker is the centerpiece of recent controversy facing a political debate with GOP Presidential Candidate Donald Trump. In the video, Trump is using expletives during a 2005 conversation caught on a hot microphone at a meeting with Zucker. Just 38 hours prior to the second 2016 Presidential Debate with Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump took to the airwaves to explain his behavior and reassure the public of his inappropriate comments made toward Arianne Zucker and to promise them much about Bill Clinton will be coming out soon. But, it is unclear how that statement is relevant given that Bill Clinton is not running for public office.



Watch the video... What Trump said in 2005 and his apology now

  Here is a Leaked Recording of Donald Trump Bragging About Trying to Have Sex With a Married Women   IJR - October 7, 2016
Via the Washington Post, a pretty wild recording of Donald Trump from back in 2005: Donald Trump bragged in vulgar terms about kissing, groping and trying to have sex with women during a 2005 conversation caught on a hot microphone - saying that when you're a star, they let you do it - according to a video obtained by The Washington Post.

  How the shocking hot mic tape of Donald Trump was exposed   CNN - October 8, 2016
The videotape of Donald Trump that is shaking up the presidential election sat forgotten on a shelf at NBC's "Access Hollywood" until just a few days ago. On Monday, according to an NBC source, one of the entertainment newsmagazine's producers remembered Trump's 2005 taping session with former "Access" co-host Billy Bush. Trump's offensive comments about Alicia Machado were still making waves. And the Associated Press had just published a detailed story quoting former "Apprentice" employees saying Trump "was lewd and sexist" while taping the reality show.




The Finger


Image not photoshopped

Friday, October 7, 2016

If you look at the ring finger on my left hand you'll see it's red and puffy. Allergic reaction to a mosquito bite? Allergic to marriage? or both? Probably both LOL

I got a mosquito bite today that swelled the lower phalange of my finger to twice its size. No, I didn't look for holistic remedies, meditate on it, or anything like that. It's not me. A little Caladryl and it's returning to normal. Also, the temperature of my finger was normal, not hot.

If you like palmistry ... my hand says this ...:

Venus (Thumb straight not bent): Stubborn, Strong Willed, Determined.

Jupiter (Index) much taller than Apollo finger: The teacher, leader, gets things done, strong sense of self. . It's my favorite finger as it denotes strength. If shorter you find yourself later in life.

Saturn (Middle) finger bends towards Apollo (ring) finger. It has to do with completing karma best linked to creativity ... Yup ... that's me.

Mercury (Pinky) finger: Short finger means not the best at writing. I am a story teller which is much different than a professional writer. I enjoy all sorts of media and communication though.

My right hand is somewhat similar with a bent (subtle) thumb which makes me a giver as that is my dominate hand though it is in conflict with the left hand. Most people have two thumbs that are the same.

The rest of my fingers are the same as the left hand with the exception of the Saturn finger which is straight not bent. (I need to get someone to take a pic).

Wrinkled fingers: I've had them since age 16. I've heard all sorts of tales about wrinkled fingers but they make no sense to me... It's genetic. It's the reason I have done my own nails every week as far back as high school. No fake nails for me. Even a French manicure is easy to do. The manicurists in the beauty salon across the street can't believe what a good job I do.

Ladies ... if you are wondering ... I don't dye my hair as I have just a few wisps of gray ... again good genetics at age 73.

This pic was taken by my friend Gabe today after which he showed me a pic of his 16 year old niece's mosquito bite on her leg. It was so swollen her mom took her to the emergency room. Apparently New York has some really bad ass mosquitoes.