Monday, October 3, 2016

Happy New Year

Happy Rosh Hashanah

as all lives and religions blend together in the alchemy of time.




October 3, 1995


eBay is founded

The first item sold was a broken laser pointer for $14.83.


What makes eBay successful?
The real value and the real power at eBay is the community.


It's the buyers and sellers coming together and forming a marketplace.

Pierre Omidyar: eBay founder and Internet Entrepreneur


When eBay came online, I took little interest. That was less than two months after Crystalinks launched and we were all finding our way around the internet. Through the years, as eBay's inventory expanded, I made great purchases finding discontinued items and bargains galore. I never bid on, nor spend a lot for anything.




Vice Presidential Debate



The only reason to take a serious look at Tim Kaine and Mike Pence is because one of them could become president in the future - two more bad options in a world where good choices seem unavailable. Donald Trump is running his campaign into the ground the likes of which I have never seen meaning there's something going on behind the scenes. This election has cost him. His finances are down, there are criminal actions, campaign and family dramas, and I don't think his marriage will survive. Trump and the Clintons are three of the most unscrupulous corrupt people that have ever run for office - establishment or not. Like most, I'm anxious to have the election over, but what happens in the aftermath when the most disliked president comes into office. Nothing good will result.




We asked the rain to stop and it did so off I went to the
festival which ended at sundown as Rosh Hashanah began.


I didn't but anything but had lots of fun. I left after this pic was taken by a man
I talked to who works for NPR. I didn't have to walk far to my car. I got one of
the few spots available just down the block. Parking and weather mojo working.

I bought chicken in pita bread but didn't eat the bread.
Best desert ... 3 fresh zeppole drenched in powdered sugar. Yum!
Cloudy and chilly weather made things more fun with less crowds.

Dancing with some of my clients to one of the many bands that lined the streets.