Monday, August 24, 2015

Crystalinks Turns 20

August 25, 2015

Crystalinks turns 20

Today, I reflected on August 25, 1995, the day Crystalinks first came online. I was relatively new to the Internet and the thought of having a website that could help people was foremost in my mind. I was working with a company called Interport.net. Steve, one of their techies, had retyped my original 50 files, and posted them to the world as I excitedly looked at them that day.

The next day Steve showed me how to access my daily stats. Following his lead, I determined that on its very first day, Crystalinks had 56 readers. I can't tell you how elated I was knowing that the next part of my journey had begun to unfold. Steve only posted one picture. It appeared on the Home Page and still remains as my profile photo on Facebook and other places.

The name Crystalinks was given to me by Z one day, as I sat at the computer wondering what to call my website. I know many people chose their own names, but that felt wrong. My personal adventures and experiences, would become part of Crystalinks, but it would always be an integrated compendium of science, social science, and metaphysics, the latter evolving from the pseudoscience to healing and energy. Alien agendas were a priority, as I had my own experience which led me to create Crystalinks. I considered blogging about reality being a hologram ... but knew it would be decades before humanity would be programmed to understand ... though there have always been people who know. To this day, Crystalinks remains a work in progress. For those who have contributed to Crystalinks, in one way or another through the decades, I send a heart felt thank you, especially you, George. I couldn't have done it without you :)




Yankee Baseball

Sunday, my daughter Nikki and her family were at Yankee Stadium where history was made as they retired former Yankee pitcher Andy Pettitte's number, 46. Also exciting for Noah and Matthew was seeing Derek Jeter who served as the Yankees' team captain from 2003 until his retirement in 2014. His number has not as yet been retired.


Matthew's Room